At East Meets Dress, we’re always looking for ways to help modern brides celebrate their cultural heritage in style. That’s why we’re so excited to partner with Jen Huang, a renowned film photographer, to showcase a modern take on the traditional Chinese wedding dress, or cheongsam (qipao).
It’s a cultural tradition for brides to wear a cheongsam dress at their Chinese wedding or tea ceremony to honor their heritage. Traditionally, the dress is a red hip-hugging sheath style with symbols of phoenix and dragon embroidery to represent a happy union between the bride and groom.
We designed five cheongsam dresses that give a nod to the cultural elements of the qipao dress, from the mandarin collar to the animal symbolism, while also creating a new spin on the dress style. We hope you get inspired to create a cheongsam dress that is uniquely yours for your wedding.
3: The Blush Cheongsam Dress
5: The White Cheongsam Pantsuit
- Photography and Art Direction: @JenHuangBogan
- Beauty, Hair and Makeup: @ChialiMengArtistry
- Bride: @Dari_Dorj
- Venue: @SantaBarbaraHouse
- Florals: @CamelliaFloralDesign
More to Love:
- Get inspired by 50 Of The Most Beautiful Modern Cheongsams For Your Chinese Wedding
- Shop our modern white qipao dresses.