If you're getting married and planning to have a tea ceremony at your wedding, a popular choice for your wedding attire is a qipao (also known as a cheongsam). A qipao is a popular Chinese wedding dress, especially for those who are looking to celebrate their or their fiance's Chinese heritage.
We love a good qipao wedding dress that blends both the traditions of Chinese culture with your own personality and style. Nowadays, there are so many beautiful ways to modernize a qipao or cheongsam for your wedding so we rounded up our 30 favorite details that add a bit of extra sparkle to your wedding dress.
1. Stand out with a gold peacock on your qipao
2. Add some jade buttons to your qipao
3. Try a scalloped trim for your qipao or cheongsam for that subtle touch
4. Sparkle with a sheer back lined with crystal beads for your Chinese wedding dress
5. Stand up straighter with a romantic high collar for your qipao
6. Surprise them with a sheer lace train for your mermaid qipao
7. Go all out with a lacy scalloped open back for your qipao dress
8. Show off your figure with side mesh panels on your modern qipao dress
9. This gorgeous slit lets you walk and dance the night away in your qipao
10. This polka-dot mesh keeps the wedding dress interesting
11. We love a good red and gold brocade—a traditional fabric for the qipao.
12. Add a bit of sparkle to your lace qipao dress with specks of gold
13. Make a grand exit at your wedding with this stunning train on this cheongsam dress
14. Finish off your qipao cape with crystal bead trim
15. Change it up with an asymmetrical neckline for your wedding dress, reminiscent of the traditional qipao look
16. These romantic sleeves are a perfect look for your wedding
17. We love a good nude back look for your Chinese wedding dress
18. Line your sleeves with gold beads for that extra oomph for your wedding
19. We're a fan of this open collar on this modern qipao
20. No zipper, no problem for this qipao back
21. Adorn your sleeves with the traditional pankou knots
22. This elaborate mandarin collar definitely will steal the show
23. Choose a cherry blossom embroidery for that extra romantic look for your qipao
24. Change up the top of your qipao look with a curved trim
25. Sometimes the best details are the ones not there.
26. Play around with fancy pankou knots for your qipao wedding dress
27. Keep it fresh with a beautiful lace open back for your cheongsam wedding dress
28. Choose a chinoiserie fabric for your qipao . for that East meets West look
29. Add pearls as buttons for your qipao back
30. Adorn your mandarin collar with crystal beads for that extra sparkle
What is your favorite detail to add on your qipao wedding dress? Still not sure what style of qipao (cheongsam) dress to get? Take a look at our Cheongsam Wedding Dress 101 to learn more here.