Free shipping included
Effortlessly fun and vibrant. This A-line brocade dress comes with pockets (finally, a cheongsam with pockets!) because we understand the need to have your hands free when you’re spinning on the dance floor.
This short Chinese cheongsam dress is made with a red and gold phoenix patterned fabric is perfect for showing off your heritage at any event, whether at your tea ceremony, grandmother’s 80th birthday or that cocktail gala.
This dress is made to your custom measurements and you have the option of customizing the fabric pattern and sleeves.
This dress is named after Rachel Lee, an East Meets Dress customer, who was the inspiration behind this design and rocked this dress to honor her heritage on her grandmother's 80th birthday.
East Meets Dress still seems like it's too good to be true. If you're reading this, you're probably having trouble finding a qi pao that's not just a costume dress. Stop your search or you'll just waste more time! EMD bridges the gap between tradition and modern, makes high-quality stuff, has excellent customer service, and does it all for extremely reasonable prices. I saw a post in the facebook group "Subtle Asian Traits" (which has 1.7M members) asking for recommendations for qi pao in the United States, and the ONLY business name that came up multiple times was East Meets Dress.
I ordered the Rachel dress with the phoenix print and got my fiance the Yuan jacket to match. They are made so well and fit us perfectly. All my family and Chinese friends know about EMD now because I'm such a believer.
Excellent quality, excellent service
My wife and I cannot recommend East Meets Dress highly enough
1) the planning and discussion of what we wanted was responsive and flexible to our needs and requests with multiple alterations from standard designs accommodated and advised not to go ahead with others, with explanations
2) the dresses and jackets when they arrived were great. The quality is very high, and the fit was outstanding for something ordered and measured for online
3) the construction of the dresses and shirts made the minor alterations we had completed on delivery easy (the seems were in the right places, with small amounts of spare fabric to facilitate alterations). For the avoidance of doubt, these alterations were not "required", the outfits fit very well, but we're minor adjustments once we had tried them on
4) turn around time was clearly communicated and well within what we needed
5) post sale and post delivery care has been responsive with detailed and timely responses to questions
I absolutely love it! It's so incredibly beautiful and fits perfectly. Thank you for making all of my wedding dreams come true.
We were tired of browsing sketchy sites with no customer support so we started EMD.
Designed by Asian-Americans, for the modern woman.
Welcome to modern day cheongsam shopping.